The 12-week challenge
Vodafone pride themselves on three things: speed, simplicity and trust. However, when it came to apply for a job on the Vodafone careers site the experience was neither quick nor easy which made it very hard to build trust in potential hires.
With large numbers of jobseekers visiting Vodafone’s careers site every month, awareness was not a problem. However, the talent attraction team wanted to improve the user experience and the number of completed applications generated by the site.
Vodafone had 12 weeks to deliver:
- A careers site that was fast, simple and would engage with potential hires while building trust in the Vodafone employer brand.
- Demonstrate that Vodafone is a technology business by delivering an ATS integration to reduce the time to apply.
- Taleo ATS integration to increase the number of completed applications.
- Deliver a better user experience and therefore a higher conversion rate.
Attrax has a proven delivery system for rolling out careers websites and ATS integrations. The team were confident that their ambitious 12-week timeline to design, build and integrate with the Taleo ATS would be achievable.
The project teams at Attrax and Vodafone meet weekly to keep up to date, review progress, answer any questions and manage any new challenges. This allowed the team to deliver an on-brand design and website structure in just three short weeks.
The Attrax team then went into an eight week build phase which included the careers site itself and the ATS integration which covered a vacancy import and application via API, this was the key part of the new application process. The site was then finalised and after two weeks of testing the new careers site went live.
In 2020 Vodafone have migrated to a new ATS, Success Factors, and this is currently being integrated into the careers website with an imminent go live.
The results have been excellent. The website not only includes market leading features, but the numbers they have seen speak volumes for the success of the website in generating candidates and enhancing the employer brand:
- Total search – Google style predictive search for jobs, content and people.
- AI powered talent attraction providing candidates with automated jobs and content based on their browsing experience.
- Drag and drop content management system (CMS) that allows Vodafone to publish their employee stories in #VodafoneLife. These stories can then be tagged and displayed against relevant vacancies, creating an even more personalised experience.
- Multiple touchpoints and calls to action.
- Time to a completed application has gone from 8 minutes to 2 minutes. It’s quick and very easy.
- 75% of candidates now complete their application once they start (vs 75% incomplete prior to ATS integration), increasing candidate trust in the Vodafone application process.
- The Attrax system is optimised for Google and Vodafone are seeing a huge benefit from this with Google being the number one source of traffic and Google for Jobs converting at 40%.
- Vodafone now converts 24% of their unique visitors into completed applications, that’s globally.
Vodafone's new career site also scooped two NORA Awards, Best Career Site at the In-House Recruitment Awards and Best Employer Website at the prestigious Rad Awards where the judges said ‘the website was a stand-out entry with a fresh, detailed employer brand that engaged with its audience and came to life through beautifully designed creative.’
Vodafone's careers site here.