Vodafone pride themselves on three things: speed, simplicity and trust. However, when it came to applying for a job on the Vodafone careers site it was neither quick nor easy and as much it made it very hard to build trust in potential hires.
With large numbers of jobseekers visiting Vodafone’s careers site every month, awareness was not a problem. However, the talent attraction team wanted to improve the user experience and the number of completed applications generated by the site.
- Deliver a careers site in 12 weeks that was fast, simple and would engage with potential hires while building trust in the Vodafone employer brand.
- Demonstrate that Vodafone is a technology business by delivering an ATS integration to reduce the time it took to apply.
- Taleo ATS integration to increase the number of completed applications.
- Deliver a better user experience and therefore a higher conversion rate.
The new Vodafone careers site has some killer features such:
- AI powered search – Google style predictive search for jobs, content and people.
- Drag and drop content management system (CMS) that allows Vodafone to publish their employee stories in #VodafoneLife. These stories can then be tagged and displayed against relevant vacancies, creating an even more personalised experience.
- Multiple touchpoints and calls to action. Users can quickly choose from seven icons on the homepage to find out about opportunities at Vodafone.
The Vodafone careers site has been delivering great results since its go-live:
- Time to completed application has gone from 8 minutes to 2 minutes. It’s quick and very easy. age views for Career Stories increased by 40%
- 75% of candidates now complete their application once they start (up from 12%), increasing candidate trust in the Vodafone application process. ob searches up 24%
- 75% of candidates now complete their application once they start (up from 12%), increasing candidate trust in the Vodafone application process. ob views increased by 90%
Vodafone's new career site has also paid off: in 2018/2019 they scooped two NORA Awards, Best Career Site at the In-House Recruitment Awards and Employer Website at the prestigious Rad Awards- the judges said that ‘the website was a stand-out entry with a fresh, detailed employer brand that engaged with its audience and came to life through beautifully designed creative.’
Vodafone's careers site here.